Welcome to the Modern Typewriter, a daily blog to discuss topics that can’t be answered easily, or are just some fun topics! Today is April 10th, 2008, I’m Julia, and I am here to talk about an email that is being sent around.
Recently, an email is being sent around as a forward with the subject: As An American, This is A Must Read…
We read the forward and thought it was very interesting. So we decided to publish it on the Modern Typewriter.
Here is the email:
When some claim that George Bush shouldn’t have started the war, please state the following.
- FDR (Democrat) led us into World War 2. Germany never attacked us, Japan did. From 1941-1945, 450,000 lives were lost, an average 112,500 lives a year.
- Truman (Democrat) finished that war and started one in Korea. North Korea never attacked us. From 1950-1953, 55,000 lives were lost, an average of 18,334 lives a year.
- Jon F. Kennedy (Democrat) started the Vietnam conflict in 1962. Vietnam never attacked us.
- Johnson (Democrat) turn Vietnam into a quagmire. From 1965-1975, 58,000 lives were lost. An average of 5,800 lives a year.
- Clinton (Democrat) went to war in Bosnia with UN or French consent. Bosnia never attacked us. He was offered Osama Bin Laden’s head on a platter three times by Sudan and did nothing. Osama attacked us on multiple occasions.
- In the years since terrorists attacked us, President Bush has liberated two countries, crushed the Taliban, crippled al-Qaida, put nuclear inspectors in Libya, Iran, and North Korea, without firing a shot, and captured a terrorist who slaughtered 300,000 of his own people. And the Democrats are complaining about how long the war is taking.
Wait, there’s more. The conversation between Senator Jon Glenn and Senator Howard Metzenbaum is worth reading.
Senator Metzenbaum (Speaking to Senator Glenn): “How can you run for senate, when you never held a real job?”
Senator Glenn: “I served 23 years in the United States Marine Corps. I’ve served through two wars. I flew 149 missions. My plane was hit by anti-aircraft fire on twelve different occasions. I was in the space program. It wasn’t my checkbook, Howard; it was my life on the line. It wasn’t some nine-to-five job where I took time off to take the daily cash receipts to the bank. I ask you to come with me…as I went the other day…to a veteran’s hospital and look at those men with their mangled bodies and look them straight in the eye and tell THEM they didn’t hold a job! You go with me to the Widows and Orphans of Ed White, Gus Grissom, and Roger Chaffee…you look those kids in the eye and tell THEM that their dads didn’t hold a REAL job! You go with me on Memorial Day to Arlington National Cemetery, where I have more friends buried there than I’d like to remember, and you watch those waving flags. You stand there, and you think about this nation, and you have the gall to tell ME that those people didn’t hold a REAL job!”
Think about what this email has said to you. People complain everyday that George Bush is useless and he is taking too long with the war in Iraq. Look at what he has done! Think about that next time you complain about President Bush. He has done a wonderful job as our Commander-In-Chief. GO PRESIDENT BUSH!
Remember, I’m Julia, and this is the Modern Typewriter, OUT!
Picture Retrieved From: http://tinyurl.com/5l4aqu